COK 2022/2023 Event Schedule
October 1, 2022 - 10:00 to April 1, 2023 - 12:00
Tentative as it is – you can still use the dates & venues below for planning purposes. If we get enough volunteers – who knows? We could put on a Night-O, Advanced-Only Meet, Special Training Sessions, Beginners’ Workshop, and more.
For the club to continue providing family-friendly, challenging, outdoor sporting events – we’re going to have to have more folks step up to handle club administration & activities. Any and all help is welcome and we’re eager to train the next generation in designing & setting-up courses.
There are volunteer opportunities for the following club requirements:
- Pre-event: Design & set out controls in woods for various courses (advanced nav skills required)
- Pre-event: Coordinate & secure venue permission / obtain insurance certificate / pay activity fee (no skill required)
- Post-event: Pick up controls from woods (some nav skills required)
- Event: Greet participants, provide newcomer orientation, manage equipment, provide timing (no skill required)
- Maintain liaison with tech company and maintain minimal aspects of club website (a little tech skill required)
- Maintain club equipment and supplies (no skill required)
- Maintain club marketing and promotion (no skill required)
Please reach out to the club with whatever support you may be able to offer so that future map n’ compass fun continues!
Normal Monthly Meet Schedule [with all skill-level courses]
October 1: McDowell Nature Center & Preserve (Mecklenburg county, NC)
November 5: Kings Mountain State Park – Lake York Section (upstate South Carolina)
December 3: Crowders Mountain State Park (Gaston county, NC)
January 7: Morrow Mountain State Park (near Albemarle, NC)
February 4: Reedy Creek Nature Preserve (Mecklenburg county, NC)
March 4: Kings Mountain National Military Park (South Carolina)
April 1: Kings Mountain State Park – Lake Crawford Section (upstate South Carolina)