Kings Mountain State Park (Lake Crawford)
January 8, 2022 - 10:00 to 12:00Price: $10.00
This is a regular monthly meet of the COK open to the general public.
Using the buttons below – please select which course you want to go on and how many maps (called Tickets) you wish to purchase. The only way to participate in a club event is through online registration & payment. This means no more walk-ups, handling of cash/checks, or blank maps at events. Upon registration & payment a pre-printed map(s) of your chosen course(s) along with an electronic finger stick will be available to you at the event site. These conditions apply to groups as well as individuals.
Map sales are limited to avoid strain on the venues and event staff. This non-profit club is run solely by volunteers and due to a lack of folks willing to help put on events – the club has no choice but to contain participation.
Map sales are first-come/first-served which means they may sell out quickly. The key is to snag one while you can. For large groups – please try to purchase the bare minimum so that other groups have a chance of participating. Once the cap for a course is met – map sales for it end. The only option then is to select a different course or wait for the next event. Course caps are subject to change anytime.
Unless sold out earlier – all map sales for this event end at 7PM on January 5th.
Each map is $10.00. There is a $2.00 discount for participants who bring their own electronic finger stick.
For adult participants who are not the map purchaser – please download a waiver form from this website and bring it with you to the meet. For all youth groups and participants under 18 – only the responsible adult needs to indicate a waiver (groups are responsible for parental consent to participate and for the welfare of their temporary charges).
All courses use electronic timing. Everyone must have a finger stick (or at least one per group). Your map purchase includes rental of one from the club. Club-owned finger sticks must be returned at the end of your course and lost ones incur a $36 replacement fee (keep accountability of them at all times!). On the registration form – please indicate whether you have your own finger stick (you will need to click on the “Apply Discount” button). This prompts the payment system to reduce your map fee. Proceed all the way to Checkout and you’ll see your finger stick discount.
You may purchase a finger stick here (COK uses SI-8 cards). Purchase is an option only if you wish to have your own personal finger stick (otherwise – just use the club’s).
Discount coupon codes are not used at this time.
You should receive a confirmation email after successful registration & payment. If not – please check your junk email first and if necessary – contact the event organizer listed below. All sales are final. Under exceptional circumstances – a refund may be granted by the event organizer.
Just a few more tidbits:
- On event day (which is rain or shine) – once you enter a venue – look for orange & white directional signs to the event location. Walk up to the organizer, give them your name, and you’ll get everything you need to navigate.
- Please park in designated spots only and be mindful of other visitors (especially important with activity buses)
- Please bring your own compass; but if you don’t have one – the club has a limited number of them to borrow (some minor collateral is necessary and returned at the end of your course). White course does not need a compass.
- Every participant is required to report back to the event organizer after going out on a course (this is typically done at the the finish location). If you do not finish a course or go over the 3-hour time limit – do not simply leave without letting us know! We have to keep accountability for everyone (group leaders are responsible for their participants). We don’t want lost souls left out in the woods to fend for themselves (unless you’re Bear Grylls).
- Always keep safety in mind when out on a course and remember – orienteering is a leave no trace sport.
New to orienteering? Check out What to Expect on this website.