- This event has passed.
Morrow Mountain State Park
January 4 - 10:00 to 12:00Price: $8
Another wonderful day in the woods and a hearty thanks to all who came out to enjoy it. Bigger thanks to Mark Chamley for setting everything up and managing things with aplomb.
One issue that did arise involved under-supervised minors. A youngster experienced a mild medical emergency while out on a course and had to be rescued by professional park rangers. The COK clearly states on every event page that adults who bring minors (under 18) to orienteering are solely responsible for their health & safety.
- There are certain risks and precautions with this sport that must be understood and evaluated for all participants. Adults must ensure each of their wards are adequately protected by:
- ensuring their medical status is appropriate for this type of activity;
- going out in groups;
- selecting courses appropriate for the group’s skill level;
- having adequate communications (remember – most parks have spotty cell service);
- monitoring each participant to ensure they have sufficient nutrition and safety information
People who come to orienteering can ask the meet director for an emergency whistle (international SOS is a repeated 3 blasts of the whistle) and safety bearing that will aid in getting back to civilization….
Here are the results of Morrow Mountain State Park 2020
|Josh & Allison||1:15:07|
|Phillip||0:56:15 (that's fast!)|
|Matthew G. (NCARS partner!)||1:19:48|