- This event has passed.
Reedy Creek Nature Park and Reserve 2017
February 4, 2017 - 10:00 to 15:00Price: Free
The weather was a bit chillier than it had been the last few days with initial temps hovering around the mid 30’s, though by noon it had warmed up into the 40’s. Not bad temperatures for hiking or running through the woods. Consequently, we had a good turnout.
- We had 9 starts on White with 31 individuals participating. Every team completed the course.
- Yellow had 8 starts with 26 individuals, but only 4 groups completed this course.
- Orange had 35 starts with 99 participants and 26 teams completing the course.
- Green had 15 starts with 24 people and 12 teams completed the course.
- Red had 9 starts with 17 individuals and 7 teams finding all the controls.
The total was 76 starts with 197 individuals though at least 3 teams attempted 2 different courses.
All the controls were in place and found by most of those searching for them.
Three of the groups that did not finish their courses had a good excuse. A youngster in one group that included his siblings and his grandparents; fell, landed on a rock, and hurt his back. Two groups of JROTC cadets who were out on their course stopped what they were doing, built a litter out of branches and their coats and carried the youngster back to the start/finish shelter. It appeared that the young lad was not too badly injured, but the JROTC kids did a fine job of applying the skills they had learned in class to conduct an effective evacuation.
Below are the results- All times are given in minutes:seconds.
|Phyllis & Robbi||167:00|
|TSN & SCP||139:34|
|Lewis & Alibi||179:50|
|Half n' Half||OT|
|Beth & Cory||OT|
|Barry & Bodkin||156:29|
|Jim & Martha||OT|