- This event has passed.
Morrow Mountain State Park
January 6, 2018 - 10:00 to 12:00Price: Free
Welcome! Here are a few reminders for this event:
- Using the RSVP (tickets) feature below, please register online indicating which level of course you will go on so that, when possible, a pre-printed map can be reserved for you. Doing this gives the meet planner an indication of how many maps to have on hand. The RSVP feature closes 3 days before the meet.
- Pre-registration is not required, but if you are bringing a group, please email the meet director ahead of time as a courtesy.
- All meets include Beginner (white or yellow), Intermediate (orange), and Advanced courses. Some events may not have every level of advanced course (brown, green, red). Learn about course levels here: Explaining the Course Color Code
- On the day of the meet: Please look for and follow orange/white or other directional signs to the meet location within the park.
- If you are bringing a group: Please follow any special signs for bus parking and please park buses so that other parking is not impeded. Groups leaders should contact the meet director for any special instructions and provide an estimated number of participants that will be going out on courses.
- Free lessons on orienteering are available at each meeting beginning at 9:30 AM. Please ask a club official for assistance.
- Participants may only go out on courses from 10:00AM – 12:00PM, unless otherwise posted.
- Fees to expect:
- Maps for non-members: $8.00
- Maps for club members, OUSA members, Scout or JROTC groups: $6.00
- Compass rental: $1.00
- Finger stick rental: $2.00
- All events are held rain or shine; but check with the appropriate park officials if snow or ice is forecasted.
- Volunteers are always welcome to run meets and pick up controls afterwards.
- All participants going out on a course must sign a waiver of liability. For large groups – please print and fill out the form found on our Pre-Registration page. The responsible adult should fill out and sign the front of the form and list participants on the reverse side. Please bring the filled-out form to the meet (saves a lot of time!).
On the day of the meet – please look for directional signs to registration.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.